1. What do you do with my personal data?
We use your data to provide you, and other Auromoney users, great services. That includes doing things like:
- Improving our products and services for you and other AM users including managing the network to ensure everyone gets the best experience, performing market research to understand our users views and personalising our experiences to make our service more intuitive & engaging;
- Providing you with the products and services you have selected, keeping you up-to-date and informed and responding to your enquiries such as notifying you about accounting operations of your interest, confirming your payback, rewards or highlighting Auromoney promotions and innovations we think you will be interested in;
- Legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting with crime and fraud prevention, assessing money loundering risk, recognition and personal and documentary verification of identity, and ensuring we provide the products and services you have selected.
We may use information about you to:
Improve our products and services
- Enhance and personalise the products and services that we offer you and to develop new products and services;
- Perform analysis and research and monitor usage behaviour;
- Manage our network and your use of our network;
- Aggregate information about you, your transaction and your use of the services with information about other users of the services in order to identify trends of market;
- Analyse information about you including your calling, searching, browsing and location data on a personalised or aggregated basis.
Provide you with services and information
- Provide you with the products and services you have selected and to manage your account with us;
- Provide you with access to parts of this site;
- Contact you if necessary;
- Tell you about any new services or functionality (eg: the introduction of a new service to buy and sell other metal);
- Market our products and services to you;
- Send you information about our products and services by email or other means if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications;
- Send you information about products and services offered by other companies that we think you might be interested in if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications.
Satisfy our legal, regulatory and business requirements
- Help us keep your account safe, eg: checking your identity;
- Investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you raise;
- Assess the traceability and origin of the funds, the detection and prevention of money laundering, manage fraude and risk crime;
- We may also disclose your personal information or information about your usage of our services to certain third parties. This data may identify you personally or may be included in aggregated and anonymised data (which means you will not be identified).
These third parties may use this information:
- To provide you with targeted Auromoney or third party offers, promotions, adverts or commercial communications if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications;
- To give them a better understanding of our business; and/or;
- To provide you with products and services or to improve the products or services you are already receiving from Auromoney.
See "Who do you share my personal information with (and why)" for further details about the types of third parties your information may be disclosed to.
We are allowed to use your information in these ways because:
- 1. We are allowed to use your information in these ways because:;
- 2. We need to use some of your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations (such as legal obligations to keep details of transactions made by customers for a certain period of time);
- 3. We have a legitimate business interest in some uses of your information (such as conducting market research); and/or;
- 4. You may have given your consent to us to use your data for certain activities, eg: marketing communications.
2. How long will you keep my personal data??
We keep information while you're our customer and after you've left us. We use your information to provide you with the products and services you have selected and for a variety of other reasons. For example, we might need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had an account with us or follow our legal obligations. Or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services.
We use your information to provide you with the products and services you have selected and for a variety of other reasons. For example, we might need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had an account with us or follow our legal obligations. Or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services.
3. Who do you share my personal data with and why?
We will share your information in the following situations:
- With partners, suppliers, agents and subcontractors who help us deliver the products and services you've chosen to use;
- When you have provided your consent;
- When we have legal or regulatory requirements such as a request from the competition authority, government agencies or the court or law enforcement agencies.
We may share your information:
- With our current and prospective partners, agents and subcontractors (for example, advertisers and content providers) who are involved in delivering products or services used or ordered by you;
- With other companies in the Auromoney group, including their respective partners, agents and sub-contractors;
- With any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency;
- With any law firm, debt collection agency or other institution for dispute resolution;
- Where there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of Auromoney to new or prospective owners. In these circumstances we would require them to keep it confidential;
- Where we (or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf) are required to do so by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect Auromoney or third-party rights and property;
- Where you give us false or inaccurate information and/or we identify or suspect fraud;
- In response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- During emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk;
- In response to a complaint that you have breached the services terms & conditions or any other product or service terms.
4. What data do you hold about me? (and how do you get it?)
We collect information in three ways:
- 1. Directly from you, such as information filled in within application or registration forms, surveys and community posts;
- 2. From the products and services you use, such as form filled, your browsing history including the websites you visit and your location data;
- 3. From 3rd parties, such as information from verification for personal and / or bank data agencies and fraud protection agencies.
We collect such information as:
- Your contact information including name, age, residence address, email address and telephone number;
- Your order history, including the subsequent processes up to their execution;
- Your bank transactions, payment details including debit or credit card details, bank details and details of other Payment Processors;
- Your account settings and chosen options;
- Your Auromoney Community interactions including posts, chat and comments;
- Your communications with us including requests and complaints;
- Your activity/interactions on our website;
- Your device location data and Internet Protocol (IP) address;
Your use of our services including but not limited to:
- Phone numbers and/or email addresses of calls, texts, MMS, emails and other communications made and received by you and the date, duration, time and cost of such communications;
- Usage data to check compliance with our fair usage policy;
How we collect information:
We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to when you:
- Purchase products or services from us;
- Register to become a Auromoney customer;
- Submit enquiries or comments to us or contact us;
- Enter any promotions, competitions or prize draws via the services;
- Join any of our schemes including our Participation Auro Ambassador scheme;
- Use any Auromoney products and services (including where you participate in the Auromoney community by posting on our Blogs Chats and Forums);
- Take part in market research; and/or;
- When you make changes to or terminate your account with us.
We collect information about you indirectly:
- When you use any Auromoney products and services, including but not limited to when you visit your account or browse this site or visit Auromoney advertising pages or use our mobile network;
- From third parties including but not limited to those who provide our financial services, take payments and manage product orders and dispatch;
We may also collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to:
- Identity verification and control agencies, fraud prevention agencies and business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources;
- Our website uses a website recording service which records mouse clicks, mouse movements and page scrolling. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and anonymised and then used for aggregated and statistical reporting. You will not be personally identified;
5. What rights do I have?
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice);
- To update your personal data. You can update or amend your information by visiting section Profile of your Auro account. For data not updateable through the site, you will need to contact us;
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- To review some automated decision-making or profiling (automated processing to determine certain things about you);
- Demand that your data is provided to other commercial or administrative agency (data portability);
- Possibility to withdraw consent, totally or partially. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal;
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To exercise any of your rights, you will need to contact our Privacy team. You will need to provide the following information so that we can verify your identity:
a colour copy of the account holder's Passport or Identity Card and an utility bill;
Auromoney are required to respond to your request within 1 month. Where requests are complex and excessive, Auromoney is permitted an additional 2 months to process your request. However, in these circumstances we would provide an update on your request within 1 month of receiving it.
When requesting a copy of your personal data, you can also do this via post.
6. How do I change my marketing preferences?
We will never give your personal data to a third party for marketing unless you have expressly given us your permission.
7. How do you ensure my data is secure?
Auromoney is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Security of Communications
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. Auromoney cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Auromoney Blogs, Chat rooms and Forums
You are reminded that blogs, chat rooms and opinion forums are for public discussion. Any personal information that you choose to supply when you participate in these discussions is widely accessible. Never reveal any personal information such as your telephone number, postal or email address when you participate in these discussions.
Users under 18
If you are under the age of 18, you are not authorized to provide us with personal information.
Third Party Sites
Non-EEA Use of Information
The information you provide to us may be passed to third parties located outside the European Economic Area. Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy. This can be done in a number of different ways, for instance:
The country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission;
The recipient company might have signed up to a contract obliging them to protect your information; or;
The recipient is located in the US and is a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your information outside the EEA. In all cases, however, we will ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with data protection law.
8. Who is responsible for data processing and how can I contact him?
The manager of data processing is Auromoney Ltd.
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information or personal data, you can contact us by writing at:
Suite 7000 Kem House
152-160 City Road
LONDON EC1V 2NX
or via email
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will check and update this policy from time to time and post any changes here.
We may also let you know about these changes by email, voicemail, text or media message or via a national advertising campaign.
10. Resolving Privacy Issues
Contact us if you have any doubt or believe that we have violated this regulation. We will do our best to resolve any data privacy issues you may have. In any case, if you are not satisfied, you always have the right to report any data privacy problem to the Information Commissioner's Office at any time.